Sunday, July 20, 2008

[orig] Moyashimon

[ 06.22.08 ]

The line-up
I finished these today. This is my first attempt at making something out of Sculpey polymer clay. It's mostly a test to see how the material behaves through the sculpting and building phases. They're fairly simple and not even close to being "perfect", but I learned a lot about the properties of the clay to try making more complex things in the future.

I initially gave the oryzae-tans larger bases so they can stand on their own, but they're not very stable and knock over easily. So I embedded micro magnets in their bases and they happily cling to metal surfaces.

Medium: Acrylic on polymer clay (original sculpts). Non-scale @ 2.5cm tall. 3 photos.

Hangin' with the gals
Hangin' with the gals
Let's brew!
Let's brew!


[ 07.20.08 ]

I ended up giving all of these away and kaien got a set of three. She shares with us some photos around the house:





No comments:

Gallery Links

Pinky Rin Archer Schpeltor Mikuru Asahina Angel Rebirth Moyashimon Satsuki Ikaruga Yuki Nagato Pinky:St Saber Mina Tsukishiro Haruhi Suzumiya

About This Blog

My photo
Sunnyvale, California, United States

A blog of my hobbies and a place to show progress and finished models. Galleries are embedded as slideshows to reduce page load time, but you can open any album by clicking on its label.

dannychoo.com

figure.fm

Akiba-Station

Through the Looking Glass