Friday, February 15, 2008

[figure] Haruhi Suzumiya


This is the first resin kit that I built back in December 2007. I bought a whole bunch of stuff needed to build kits, including building a spray booth, and learned how to airbrush just to put this kit together. I had recently watched Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu and this BUBBA sculpt of Haruhi with guitar from the Live A Live episode just struck me as something I wanted to try making.

It wasn't clear at the time if I would enjoy doing this hobby, and sometimes it actually felt more frustrating than not. But when it was done and I could see the results of the hard work, it made me want to pick up another kit and go. I see a lot of the premade figure collections on the web, but to me owning the figure is nothing compared to actually making one. I would highly recommend giving it a try to anyone.

You can follow the work in progress for building the guitar as well as how I did the stockings.

Medium: airbrushed acrylics on resin. Scale: 1/7 @ 27cm. 18 photos in this set.




No comments:

Gallery Links

Pinky Rin Archer Schpeltor Mikuru Asahina Angel Rebirth Moyashimon Satsuki Ikaruga Yuki Nagato Pinky:St Saber Mina Tsukishiro Haruhi Suzumiya

About This Blog

My photo
Sunnyvale, California, United States

A blog of my hobbies and a place to show progress and finished models. Galleries are embedded as slideshows to reduce page load time, but you can open any album by clicking on its label.

dannychoo.com

figure.fm

Akiba-Station

Through the Looking Glass