Sunday, January 25, 2009

[figure] Angel Rebirth


This is the SOL Models kit of Angel Rebirth from GUNNM/Battle Angel Alita. If you're interested in how this was made, you can follow my work in progress here.

This is resin kit number 6 for me and the largest one I've tackled so far. The body contains multiple parts that are hard to make seamless given how the parts must be assembled. I don't think I want to build another kit with so much skin.. ^^;; I took a long break in between building her, but picking up the airbrush again was pretty simple. I'm glad she's finally done.

Medium: airbrushed acrylics on resin. Scale: 1/6 @ 23cm. 20 photos in this set.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nicely done!

I would have made the wings a lighter colour but that's a totally personal thing. Congrats on another work well done

RAZA 2009 said...

Did you end up with a spare piece left over when you'd finished making this kit?

I ended up with a piece that had a small rectangular base with 2 "poles" sticking up out of it, both the "poles" are of different heights. I thought it might go under Alita's mechanical foot, but where does the rectangular part go??

peto said...

I only recall 2 small pieces in this kit - used to attach the mechanical wing. They may have been attached to a gate used to mold them, which then may have been detached along the way. That would leave a loose block with 2 "poles" like you are describing, but it is excess resin and not a part.

Gallery Links

Pinky Rin Archer Schpeltor Mikuru Asahina Angel Rebirth Moyashimon Satsuki Ikaruga Yuki Nagato Pinky:St Saber Mina Tsukishiro Haruhi Suzumiya

About This Blog

My photo
Sunnyvale, California, United States

A blog of my hobbies and a place to show progress and finished models. Galleries are embedded as slideshows to reduce page load time, but you can open any album by clicking on its label.

dannychoo.com

figure.fm

Akiba-Station

Through the Looking Glass